Grandma would like to view her old slides, but her projector is broken. Can you make a device with which you can project these slides?
Make a slide projector with which you can project a still image on a surface. You can focus the image by adjusting the distance between the lenses.
Looking for the right materials?
Stop looking, you will find them here!Toolkit
- Application with lenses in daily life: SLR camera
- The viewfinder system allows optimal aiming and adjustment.
- A mirror is placed in the beam path between lens and sensor, at an angle of 45°.
- The image is projected on a horizontal adjustment glass.
- The focal length of the objective is adjustable when you have a zooming lens.
WHAT DO THE PARTICIPANTS LEARN:
-Describe simple lenses and recognize the different types of lenses.
-Indicate the location of the main focal point and the secondary focal point on the optical axis, and describe the experiment how to find these focal points.
- Describe and illustrate the characteristic rays of a thin convex lens with an experiment.
- Experimentally verify the imaging at the thin convex lens.
-Construct the image with thin convex lenses and explain the properties of the image.
-Check the relationship between object distance, image distance and focal length.
-Perform magnification on thin convex lenses.
-Describe some applications of the use of lenses.
-Linking optics with optical devices and phenomena from our dialy life.
-Working with lenses and beam charts
-Building their own setup and linking observations to theory.