Let your students discover the wonderful world of photonics, the science of light, by having them carry out experiments themselves.
The Photonics Explorer is an intra-curricular photonics kit designed for secondary school students across Europe.
Each kit contains a class set of generic, durable and versatile optical experimental components for a class of 25-30 students. This is supported by a didactic framework consisting of worksheets, factsheets, teacher guide and multimedia material. The Photonics Explorer is specifically designed to integrate into and enhance and complement existing European secondary school science curricula. The kit is distributed to science teachers who enrol on a training course.
The Photonics Explorer kits are available in 16 EU languages and are distributed by EYESTvzw. More information about EYEST can be found via this link.
Interested in the Photonics Explorer?
The Photonics Explorer is only distributed in conjunction with a training course for teachers. Are you interested in taking the course? Or do you havea question for us? Let us know!Invite me!
What's in the box?
- 10 aluminium mirrors (7x7 cm)
- 20 polarisers (7x5 cm)
- 10 colour filter sets (7x4 cm) including red, green, blue, cyan, magenta and yellow
- 10 LED modules with red, green and blue LEDs
- 10 sets of robust lenses
- 10 foils with slit and double slit for optical diffraction experiments
- 10 diffraction gratings
- 5 m polymer optical fibre
- 10 eyesafe lasers
8 educational modules
- Light signals – the properties of light and its use in telecommunication
- Colours – colour perception, additive and subtractive colour mixing
- Lenses and telescopes – refraction and imaging
- Eyes and vision – comparison between human eyes and digital cameras
- Making light – comparing different light sources, including lasers
- Polarisation – applications in displays and life sciences
- Diffraction and interference – diffraction on a slit, spectrometry
- A scientist's job – encouraging young people, particularly girls, to pursue careers in science and engineering
No. of Photonics Explorer kits distributed:
Buy your Photonics Explorer!
Do you already have a Photonics Explorer kit and would like a second? Or would you like to sponsor a number of kits? Place your order here: